Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Man

This last May my friend Philippa and I visited NY on our way to the incredible Brimfield Market in Massachusetts. We hot footed it around Manhattan and visited everything on my very long list of places I wanted to visit. One of them being the two John Derian stores, right next to one another at 6 and 10 East Second Str.


And would you believe that none other than THE John Derian was working in his store that day. Beyond excited to meet someone who's work and style we have both always admired, we chatted to him for a while about Brimfield and that South Africa is well known for its ceramic artists. To top it all off he is just the sweetest guy ever.


His stores are too gorgeous, and filled with so much wonderfulness. Astier De Villatte ceramics and Rogue Gallery t shirts, and a wall of Hugo Guinness drawings.


He is however best known for his decoupage and his twenty odd years of practice doing it shows. There are so many different pieces and they are all magnificent, it would be very hard to choose only one. 






1 comment:

  1. Oh this is most certainly on my hit list when I'm in the States next year.

    ReplyDelete