Friday, October 21, 2011

A little green

Every time I've visited a new nursery in the last few years I've inquired about these trees. A ficus of sorts that has a big green leaf and grows happily indoors given enough light. I first saw them in LA in a furniture showroom and even though they were planted in pots they had grown up and into the vaulted ceiling. I've never found one at a nursery in South Africa but I see them growing on the sides of the road like weeds. So tempted to don my balaclava in the middle of the night to go dig one up.

 


2 comments:

  1. These days, I am more than willing to don a balaclava at all times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Re the balaclava!! And also NOW I know what the tree looks like that you have been"going on about" all these years!!

    ReplyDelete